MetaMask - us - Login
MetaMask - us - Login
If security is your primary concern after successfully purchasing your crypto assets, then you are absolutely thinking wise for your crypto assets. Yes, your crypto tokens require high-end security because they may get vulnerable to hacks if you do not take the necessary actions to find safe storage space for them. And, if you are planning to secure those crypto assets in a non-custodial wallet, then you can definitely opt for no other wallet than a MetaMask wallet.
However, storing your assets in this wallet may not be completely safe until you take additional steps to make the wallet more secure. Yes, that's true. You can easily connect your MetaMask wallet (software wallet) to a hardware wallet so that the risk of your wallet getting hacked becomes less.
Hence to achieve the same, one can easily connect this MetaMask wallet to a Ledger device so that you can stay at peace and enjoy complete peace of mind while your tokens stay in these wallets. With that understood, let us now take a look at the step-wise procedure to set up a MetaMask wallet with a Ledger device. So, here we go.
As a matter of fact, if you have not set up your MetaMask wallet already, then you must do it before you connect it to a hardware device because then only you will be able to connect the two. For the same purpose, this is what you need to do:
- 1.Download and install the wallet software on your device (as an extension or the mobile app)
- 2.Followed by this, you need to make a selection for the "GET STARTED" button
- 3.Thereafter, you can choose the option to set up a new wallet
- 4.Set a new password and confirm the same
- 5.And then, you will be shown the secret recovery phrase of which you need to create a backup
Now your wallet is set up and you can proceed ahead by connecting it to a Ledger device.
After you have purchased your Ledger device, you need to take the following actions to set it up with the MetaMask wallet:
- 1.Supposedly, the first thing that you need to do is use the USB cable to connect your Ledger device to your computer
- 2.Simultaneously, sign in to MetaMask and select its menu > select "Connect Hardware wallet"
- 3.As soon as you do so, select the option to connect to a Ledger device
- 4.The moment your wallet gets discoverable, you can follow the rest of the steps to end the process
Through this informative blog post, we tried our best to shed some light on what needs to be done in case you wish to provide enhanced security to your crypto assets which are only possible if you connect your MetaMask wallet to a hardware wallet such as a Ledger or Trezor device. So, the next time you purchase any crypto assets, make sure to transfer all of them to a hardware wallet.